Taking care of your car can be quite difficult. This difficulty only multiplies when you live in a province like Alberta, Canada, where average temperatures can range from -8 degrees to 30 degrees Celsius and you can experience everything from a sunny and beautiful day to a rough snow storm. If you want to make sure that your car can handle Alberta’s climate conditions, then you should use some of these car care tips:
Tips for car care in Alberta
- Use car wax at least once every 8-10 car washes to protect your paint from weathering.
- Ensure that your tires are in great condition with good traction.
- Check your tire pressure once or twice a month to be certain that you are at the right pressure, because air pressure in your tires can drop in cold weather.
- Make use of synthetic grade oil, which is more resistant to thickening caused by cold temperatures.
- Have your battery tested to ensure that you still have a good amount of juice left in your batteries, especially during the winter time.
- Check that your heater is working to fend off the cold during the winter.
Other tips for car care
Aside from the tips mentioned above, it is also important that you know what to do and who to contact in case of an emergency. It would help to have a mobile phone with you at all times in case you need help in any way shape or form.
Keep a list of important numbers that you should call, such as emergency hotlines, friends and family who live nearby, a good mechanic, a towing or road-side help service, and institutions like the Alberta Motor Association.